Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Silliness

I've always been pretty happy with my decision to stay at home with the kids.  Lately, it seems to be getting better and better because as Jack's language skills improve, he gets funnier and funnier.  Certainly, there are days when bedtime can't come soon enough and days when that little well of patience seems to have dried up.  But, for the most part, I enjoy spending the days with my children.

Lately, one of the best things about motherhood has been the silliness.  In Jack's perspective, most things are either silly or they're not.  He's starting to realize that silly can be a lot of fun and so am I.  

Today we ran around the house with paintbrushes in our hands, making crazy noises, adding a little fancy footwork and just laughing.  Tugger got all riled up and was nipping at my feet like she hasn't done since she was a puppy.  Casey followed us around and wanted a paintbrush to hold too.  Unfortunately the dishes are still waiting for me in the kitchen because of this but it was worth it to hear Jack laughing and saying, "Follow me, Mommy.  Jump over this with me, Mommy!"

I can make the most ridiculous faces, say the silliest things, make the weirdest noises and Jack and Casey love it.  I would never do this in front of anyone else, or even in the mirror without turning a few shades redder.  But when I get them to laugh, it is priceless.  They probably won't remember the specifics of all the silliness at this age, but hopefully they'll remember that they were happy.  And that makes me happy.  

And on a totally different topic -
The weather is supposed to be sunny and between 75 and 80 for the next 5 days or so.  After the weatherman finished putting out all the details last night, the anchor said, "Finally, spring is here!"  Did she really just say that?  Sunny and 80 is spring?  Really?  Also, it's still April.  What does she expect?  Maybe it's just my Maine upbringing, but anything above 50 is spring for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment