Monday, April 20, 2009

An Elmo Kind of Night

I have been sitting on the couch for about 2 1/2 hours tonight, watching tv and reading.  Pat went up to bed early and a little bit after he went up, I thought I heard my stomach growl.  Only it sounded just like Elmo laughing.  I looked around me, trying to think of anything that would make an Elmo noise.  Tugger hadn't stepped on any toys.  Jack was asleep.  Casey was asleep.  So, I just started laughing at how funny it was that my stomach growl sounded like Elmo.

Well now I am laughing even harder because I finally got off the couch and I heard another funny noise.  I was actually sitting on the Sesame Street remote and sadly, my stomach really doesn't make an Elmo growling noise.  But it was fun to think it did for a couple hours.  Even funnier that I was able to convince myself that I made that noise.  

I haven't seen Jack or Casey playing with that remote at all lately and somehow it just happened to be hidden on the couch tonight.  And Jack has barely mentioned Elmo in recent weeks except for today when we watched 2 episodes of it.  I think maybe Elmo felt a little left out lately and sent me some signs today!

No comments:

Post a Comment