Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Spring Friday

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day. Although it seems to me that Virginia generally skips spring and moves right into summer...at least what summer feels like in Maine. Yesterday would have been a beautiful summer day in Maine but we had it here in March.

We spent the afternoon outdoors. Jack didn't nap and Casey took a short one, so we had plenty of time to play with every toy. Halfway through the afternoon, I thought I would document the day with some pictures, but since I thought of it so late, I only have a few to show.

I thought I might sit in this chair and read a magazine, take some pictures and field important calls. As soon as I got it out, I'm pretty sure I was needed to pitch or catch or bat or go for a walk or play volleyball with a beach ball or get Casey her cell phone.


We got the wagon out for her inaugural ride of 2010 and went for a cruise around the neighborhood. Casey brought her cell phone with her and "chatted" to somebody the whole way.


When we got back, Casey asked to ride some more, so Jack took her up and down the driveway a little bit.


Jack and I played a lot of baseball with his new bat and ball from Nana. We searched around the garage and found my softball glove so that we would both have gloves. I don't think I have ever felt like such a good baseball/softball player as I do when I play with Jack. I can hit almost any pitch he throws to me. It's like back in 8th grade when I was the MVP of the Alexander Elementary School softball team. Actually, I still don't know how I earned that accolade. I really wasn't much of a slugger, weighing in at probably 70 lbs. And I'm not sure my glove was all that golden either. Hmmm.

Casey's baseball future is looking pretty bright too. She ran to the garage and grabbed her Cinderella bat and ball...and headed straight into her playhouse with them. She found the perfect spot for the ball in her little sink...


Casey also spent a lot of the afternoon in car (Cozy Coupe) on her way to the "store." She would look over at me and say, "I'm going to the store, Mommy!"

Here's to more days of fun and sun in the driveway!

No comments:

Post a Comment