Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cookies and Costumes

I asked Jack if he wanted a cookie after his nap yesterday. He ended up eating two and I ate two (or so) and then that box of Girl Scout cookies was gone. And then Casey woke up from her nap. Jack ran upstairs to "get" her...he climbs into the crib and plays with her. I should have told him not to mention the cookies because I heard him saying, "Casey I just had two cookies but there's no more left so you can't have any." He wasn't taunting her but was so excited by the good fortune that he had to share it with his best friend. Luckily Casey took fruit snacks as a substitute for the cookies.

However, after naptime today, Jack said, "Mommy, why were there only 5 cookies in that box? Why did the girl only give you five? Don't you have any more?" Busted by the 3 year old. My response was to say nothing. I just let him ramble on a little more and then he distracted himself. I guess he really liked those cookies and I need to be a little more discreet about the cookies. I didn't really want to tell him that there were more cookies to begin with and that Pat and I had eaten them. I also didn't want to mention that there are still some boxes hidden in the cabinet...for adults only, but mostly for adult Mommies.

Here are a couple of funny pictures of Casey...Doctor Butterfly Casey who appears to be using her butterfly antennae as a stethoscope and performing a serious internal examination of a recycling truck. In fact, it looks like the recycling truck might be getting ready to give birth to a baby recycling bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment