Friday, May 22, 2009

The Dining Room




This week - a tour of my dining room.  Yesterday, Kelly reminded everyone that today was dining room day and joked that it was time to clear out the dining room of everything that doesn't really live there.  So, in full disclosure, I removed 4 pop-up tunnels, an easel, some paint and a stool before I took the pictures.  We rarely use the dining room so it's a good place to stash a few of the larger toys.  I started keeping Jack's easel in there because he likes to paint fairly often and I just move it quickly into the kitchen for easier clean up of paint that "might" get on the floor.

So here it is.  I didn't realize it would be so hard to take pictures in here, but the flash kept reflecting off things unless I took the pictures at an angle.

I love my table and china cabinet.  The cabinet just happened to fit perfectly into that cutout in the wall when we moved here.  Some day I might be able to keep wine in the wine rack, like after the toddler years.  For now, it does a decent job of collecting dust.

There are 3 pictures of an apple tree on the left hand side of the table.  I took them a few years ago when I went home to Maine in the fall.  I lived my whole life in the same house until college and I don't ever remember the apples being that red until the year I took these pictures.  I wish I'd had a better camera at the time, but the pictures are still some of my favorite in the house.  On the right hand side is our "Saratoga Springs" picture from when Pat and I lived there.  It's a painting of Travers, the big horse race, and reminds us of a great summer spent there, despite shift work throughout the whole time.  

This is just a view of the other side of the room, to include the curtains.  They came with the house when we bought it, but they couldn't have matched any better.  And I probably would never have gotten such nice ones.  



This is my holiday china...pretty simple - white with a couple of platinum bands around it.  It's probably been used about 10 times.  For a long time it sat in the boxes because we didn't have the china cabinet to put them in.  I'm glad I can at least display it now and some day we'll use it a little more often.  

Thanks for touring my dining room!

No comments:

Post a Comment