Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Jack made flower yesterday at born house."  

That's what Jack came up with this morning as we were playing with the Megablocks.  First he asked me to make a flower out of blocks.  I got creative and made a pretty good impression of a flower.  And then he said, "Jack made flower yesterday at born house."  I still don't even know what he meant by half of it.  

"Yesterday" is any period of time before this instant.  It's amazing watching him start to figure out time, a little bit.  

"Born house" is the house where he was born.  We've been talking about the three houses in which he has lived.  To try to distinguish them for him, we talk about the house where he was born(Annapolis, MD), the house where Casey was born (Newport, RI), and the house we live in now.  He also knows the Annapolis house as being near where the "two kids" live, which are our friends' twins.  He doesn't remember living in Annapolis, but he remembers the things I have told him about living there.  However,  I have never told him about making flowers there. 

So, I have still don't have much of an idea of what was going on in his little head when he came up with that statement, but it was just one of the many things he says that make me laugh.  And laughs are always much needed.

      



 

No comments:

Post a Comment