Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

We loaded up the car and headed to Ocean City to join Pat's family for Easter weekend.  When we went in February, I packed based on the temperature and failed to factor in the wind and it was so cold there!  The fleece wasn't enough - I needed my down jacket.  This time, I thought I packed enough warm clothes, adding a cardigan or sweatshirt with every outfit and I was still freezing.  I missed my fleece.  When I took the kids to the playground on Friday, I had to resort to using the rock climbing wall as a wind break to stay warm.  By Sunday it finally warmed up and everyone was asking each other if they had thought to bring sandals or flip flops or shorts.

Thankfully the Easter Bunny knew to look for us in Ocean City.  He brought a very Star Wars themed bag of goodies for Jack and some Star Wars and Princess themed items for Casey.  I slept awful the night before Easter...kind of reminded me of when I was little and would listen for the Easter bunny or keep waking up and wondering if it was time to get up yet.  This time I was worried because I didn't tell Jack and Casey to yell from their bedroom when they were awake.  I didn't want them to come out and see their baskets before I could catch their reactions.  I also wanted to make sure we were all up early enough to play with toys, eat breakfast and get dressed before Mass at 8:30.  So I woke up three times in the night to check the time and then we ended up having to wake Jack and Casey anyway.

Jack was hilarious when he woke up.  He was still a little groggy from sleep but so excited because he knew that it was Easter morning.  The first thing he said was "I bet the Easter bunny hid something in Brady's stroller for us to find!"  Hmmm, the Easter bunny didn't think that that was the first place the kids might look or even think of as a good hiding place.



We all had a wonderful weekend together with delicious food, great company and the entertainment of watching 5 cousins, all under the age of 5 play and interact with each other.  It seemed like a pretty relaxing weekend at the time, but when I think about everything we did, it seems it was quite a busy weekend.  We went to the playground, got Jack a haircut, snooped around the hardware store, tried to teach Nana about Star Wars, drew a Star Wars character guide for Nana, colored in our new coloring books, went to a children's craft fair, said hi to the Easter bunny a few times, played baseball & soccer, shot discs in the air with our new toys, played with new toys, played with the babies, went to church and sat nicely, went swimming in the pool, played at the beach, rode bikes around the neighborhood, went to an egg hunt, took part in an egg/spoon race, walked around the neighborhood, fought lightsaber battles with Jedi Bob (who apparently knows Yoda), played with bubbles, watched a little tv, watched the Flyers lose and win, cleaned the beach house for the next renters, played hide-and-seek, red light green light, and Simon Says and ate a lot of animal crackers and "dirt".  And there was more but I think that pretty much captures the weekend pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment