Friday, January 14, 2011

My Pretty Girl

I went to the fabric store with Casey last week to stock up on some fabric that was on sale.  The corduroy was also on sale and I wanted to try to make Casey a jumper so I let her pick some fabric.  I didn't really love any of the corduroy selection but she found a pink one with blue and pink dogs on it that she loved and she was happy.  She was also adorable as we waited for the kind but slow lady to cut all our fabric.  Casey wanted to hold on to her fabric and kept telling everyone that I was going to make a pretty dress for her.  She also kept touching all the pink and purple fabrics and saying "Dis is bootiful, Mommy."

It only took a couple hours (over the course of a couple days) and I made this "pretty dress" for Casey.  I used this tutorial from a blog called ikatbag.  She wore it for two days and then I convinced her that it needed to be washed.




We've also reached a big milestone in Casey's life.  After over a year (seriously) of whining and expressing her frustration, she can finally reach the light above her seat in the car!  She would be so upset when Jack could click his light on and off and she couldn't reach hers.  I noticed her light was on one day last week but I didn't think she could reach it yet so I didn't ask her to try to turn it off else she would get frustrated.  But all of a sudden she reached up and said, "I turned my light off!" I'm not sure who was happier, her or me.

Casey is also on a funny name kick.  She keeps repeatedly asking me, "What's your name again?"  She knows the answer but she asks it so genuinely, like she has just met me but forgot my name.  The best is when she says, "What's your name again, Jack?"  Then she makes up names for Legos or dolls or imaginary friends and they are all called Kaya, Naya or Saya (the first a is a long a).  It's pretty funny to watch her play with her toys right now.  She and Jack have been playing very nicely with their Legos.  I'm so glad I bought her a box of her own pink Legos for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment