Friday, December 4, 2009

Let's Call Him Mr. Ed

A few weeks ago, I was playing with Casey while Jack was at his Little Gym class. Casey brought a book over to me and we were looking at the different animals in it. We looked at a horse and she said, "Neigh. Neigh." Then I asked her what animal it was and she responded with "Hor!" really loudly. The other parents thought it was pretty funny. I tried to get her to add the 's' to the end of it but she's not quite there yet.

Fast forward a couple of weeks...Jack, Casey and I were playing with some cars on Jack's town map. He went to get some pets and came back with a horse and a pig. He then said he was going to give the horse a name and its name was Hor.

"Jack, that's not a very good name for a horse," I tried to tell him. I was met with many protests and whys. I knew if I told him it was a bad word that he would just ask "Why?" again..."Why is that a bad word?" Eventually I distracted him with something else and we forgot all about the horse named Hor. Hopefully Casey will get the pronunciation right soon and next time I'll convince Jack that Mr. Ed is a really good horse name.

No comments:

Post a Comment