Friday, February 26, 2010

Honey, Who Shrunk the Toys?

We seem to have accumulated a lot of toys lately. Between Christmas and Casey's birthday, I feel like it takes longer and longer every night to put the toys away. But I'm not sure it's the amount of toys but rather the size. As Jack and Casey get older, the toys seem to get smaller and smaller.

We started out with toys like the big Rockin' Jitter Buggy that the kids got into. They bounced around a little and played with all the toys...all the toys that were attached and didn't need to be picked up at the end of the day. It took up a little space, but didn't require me to do much with it at the end of the day unless I had to shove it back into a corner.


We've since moved into the world of Legos. And I think that world is here to stay for a while. Normally they're not all dumped out at once. But some days, in the search for just the right piece, they are scattered from one end of the room to the other. Sometimes Casey will build with them and sometimes she will just move them into odd spaces on the other side of the room.


Along with Legos, there are wooden puzzle pieces, Cootie bug pieces, Break the Ice pieces, small dinosaurs, big dinosaurs, small cars, golf balls, hockey balls, farm animals, capes, tutus, 12 pairs of toy high heels...and more that aren't in my direct line of sight right now. Almost everything has a home, but once it escapes from it's captivity in a box somewhere it doesn't like to go back.

Sometimes I pick up all toys at the end of the day. Sometimes, I try to clean up as we go along throughout the day. And sometimes, the living room looks like this...


And I leave it like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment