Monday, July 13, 2009

Simply Patsy

A week ago today, I flew home to Maine to go to a funeral for my cousin Patsy. She was a special woman who touched a whole town and beyond in her own special way. I'm so glad that I was able to go home to celebrate her life and to be with my family. Little snapshots of the day will always stay with me - the church with every pew full of people with tears in their eyes...the first four rows full of family, choking back tears but strong in solidarity...the strength of a 15 year old niece speaking so beautifully of her Nannie...love, laughter & selflessness...Doreen & Lawrence playing "Oh When the Saints" on their clarinet and tuba...the country song that brought everyone to tears again...the cottage - the same as ever but missing some of its heart and soul. I was proud to be with my family and tears come to my eyes just thinking of what a special person she was to so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment