Thursday, December 27, 2012

Breakfast with Santa

I didn't mean to take another long break from blogging.  I reached the space limit for storing photos though Picasa and I've spent forever trying to figure out how to best put pictures on the blog without paying.  Right now I've settled on Photobucket, even though I have upload them individually (as far as I can figure out).  

And so, I'm going back to the beginning of the Christmas season!  I think I struck a good balance between Christmas fun and getting things done this year.  It felt like we had an extra week or two this year because we are celebrating Christmas with Pat's family in a couple days instead of the weekend before Christmas.  

Way back at the beginning of December we had Breakfast with Santa at the country club.  It was decorated beautifully, the food was good and the kids got to craft and visit with Santa.  Although I wasn't totally impressed with the realism of Santa, I liked the fact that the kids got to spend as much time with them as they needed and he "knew" their names.  We weren't hurried by a long line behind us and we didn't have to pay for overpriced picture packages. 



Casey hopped right onto Santa's lap without a bit of hesitation.  She asked for baby dolls, Barbie dolls and a toy puppy.


Jack didn't have a problem going up to Santa but looked a little nervous the whole time he was sitting there.  This is only the second year he has spent time on Santa's lap!  He asked for a Disney monorail, a video game and some Hotwheels.  I can't believe he remembered about the monorail!  I was hoping he'd forget after not talking about it for 3 months.  (And since I'm posting this after Christmas, he did not get a monorail and thankfully hasn't asked about it.  He came up with another different list of things at school!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment