Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Skittles

While Casey was at dance today, Jack and I had a few minutes alone together in the car.  I guess we were in between movies because he was very chatty...

Jack:  Mommy, Chinese Skittles have a very different package from regular ones.

Me: What?  Where did you get Chinese Skittles?
(I'm very confused...I'm wondering if regular skittles say Made in China on them or something.)

Jack:  At school.

Me:  Where did they come from?  Did Mrs. S bring them into class?

Jack:  No, A brought them in.

Me:  Does she have Chinese family?  Where did she get them?

Jack:  I don't know.  I guess she got them from her family.  But the bag is very different.  The only thing Mrs. S could read on it was Skittles.

Me:  Did you try one?  Are they the same?

Jack:  They are.  Even the S is the same on them.

And there you have it.  The only thing different is the bag.  But it's very exciting to a 1st grader.  And a little confusing for the 1st grader's mother but I feel a little more cultured after all that.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment