Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Casey is 4!

On Friday Casey turned 4.  I think Casey and 4 are going to get along pretty well.  She's so happy that she is four that she's been telling random strangers how old she is.  Three seemed like a long year but I think she grew up a lot.  She was ready for 4 before her birthday came if that makes sense.  But it is a little crazy that it's been four years since I headed to the hospital!

Auntie Jenn came into town to celebrate with us.  Casey had school and then it was time to open presents (after delaying her for 10 minutes so I could wrap mine).  She was very excited with her gifts.  I should have downloaded the video that Jenn took because I think it was pretty funny.  Casey is getting good at saying "Oh my gosh!" as if she is 14 and not 4 so there was a lot of that.


She added a couple of princesses to her collection, an Ariel dress, some Friends Legos, a scooter and a crazy peace sign sweatshirt that is her new favorite piece of outerwear.


The highlight of the day was really the cake.  For me anyway.  I found a yummy chocolate cake recipe and it was delicious.  




We went outside after cake to check out Casey's new scooter in the dark because it has wheels that light up.  (The neighborhood scooter collection is very varied - one makes chalk marks, one makes sparks and Jack's is different too, so I felt Casey needed wheels that light up.)  It was actually pretty cool.

Happy Birthday Casey!  A Princess Leia party is coming up this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment