Thursday, November 10, 2011

Soccer Season

Jack's first soccer season has come and gone and I didn't document it very well.  I think even the poor quality of the pictures I took is evident of my lack of excitement about it all.  Jack, on the other hand, had a great time.  

Jack loved putting on his shin pads and his cleats.  I can't tell you how many times I had to tie his soccer shoes so he could go out back and practice or how many nights he waited for Daddy to get home to practice with him.  Casey would run out and be the cheerleader.  

He also loved his team practice before the game...especially when they got to play "Kick the Coach."  He loved the games.  He ran around and had a great time.  He spent most of the first game getting comfortable and then the second game he figured it out and scored his first goal.  He is pretty good at figuring out where the ball is going to be and trying to get there, although when there is a gaggle of kids all chasing the ball, it's not all that predictable.  

We missed one game a couple weeks ago when we went to Ocean City for the weekend.  We had planned to go to his game and then get on the road.  The forecast was for rain so they moved the game indoors and it wasn't until 11am.  I told Jack his game was cancelled and that we would just go to Ocean City after breakfast.  This caused Jack a little concern. 

"What about the gym Mommy?  I thought they would have it in the gym if it was raining.  Remember when we had it in the gym that time?  I wonder if there is something wrong with the gym.  Maybe there's a leak in the gym and the rain is getting in there.  Mommy, do you think there's a leak in the gym?  Is that why we're not playing the game?  They'll have to get some workers to fix the roof.  I wonder if there's another gym we can go to."

Okay, okay, okay!  I had to tell the poor boy the truth and tell him that his game was in fact scheduled for the gym and that it was just too late for us to go to his game and Ocean City.  I didn't want him having nightmares about the poor gym and it's leaking roof.

Our last game was last week and Jack scored two goals.  He was very excited about it and did a great job in the game.  The kids all got medals at the end of the game.  Jack was sad to see it end but as I mentioned recently, he's already moved on to roller blading and hockey!  







No comments:

Post a Comment