Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ambition

One of the many conversations we had in our hours and hours of driving from Maine to Philly was about what Jack wanted to be when he grew up.  I think he noticed a tow truck out his window and then it went something like this...

"I want to drive a tow truck when I get bigger Mommy.  And a monster truck too.  And then I'm going to work on diggers."

"I thought you wanted to have an aircraft carrier?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to do that one day in the week too.  I'm going to do a different thing on the different days, maybe two days on the aircraft carrier and then I'll start over again, but I'll be on a different aircraft carrier...But I want some weekends too where I don't have to work...And then I'll go back and do some work."

A few hours later...

"I want to be a race car driver too, Mommy, like Lightning McQueen so I can be the fastest.  I'm going to do that one day too."

And then, a few days ago out of the blue, he says, "Mommy, I forgot about sports!  I'm going to do sports when I grow up too."

I'll just keep telling him he can do whatever he wants.  Because he can!

No comments:

Post a Comment