Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Nutcracker

I got to take Casey to her friend Nutcracker ballet this year.  We had pretty good seats at the Orpheum in Memphis and I was excited to take her.  I think I was probably in high school the last time I went to see it.  

We got all dressed up in our finest and met with a friend and her little girl and headed downtown.  




Casey took a short nap just in the car before we arrived...



Even though we had good seats, it was hard for little people to see over the heads in front of them.  Casey spent the first half bouncing between her seat and my lap trying to find the best view.  Then of course she had to use the bathroom just when the Mouse King was about to come out.  For the second half she sat on the aisle seat and seemed to enjoy it a little better.  I sat on the other side of our friends because she didn't want to sit on my lap any more.



I thought Casey behaved very well during the show.  There were parts where even I was a little less enthusiastic about the length of the dances.  There were also men in really tight white tights and that was a little distracting at times.

After the show some of the dancers came out for pictures and autographs.



Overall, it was a very nice first ballet experience!

1 comment:

  1. SO SO cute! Especially the passed out picture! Glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete