Thursday, June 7, 2012

Getting Ready to Move

I was looking forward to the kids being out of school so that I could get ready to move without having any obligations of being anywhere.  Every day I'm trying to do a hundred things around the house and the kids are playing around me, sometimes even helping in their own way.  But it seems like for every one thing I accomplish, they pull out 5 toys and leave them around the house.  So even though I am getting things done and checking them off my list(s), it looks like nothing is getting done.  Today I finally cleaned up all the toys and what a difference it makes.

We are 4 days, 1 birthday party, 2 play dates, 1 dinner get together, 1 church picnic and a few dozen to-do list items away from the day the packers arrive.  (And then I have new to-do lists of what to do while they're here.) Plus we need to pack/segregate the items we are bringing in the car with us.  I have tried to find a balance of me working around the house and taking the kids to do fun things but they are getting a little cranky.  And I am ready to be done getting ready!

I'm trying to prioritize items by what I really need to do versus what the really organized, somewhat OCD me wants to get done.  When I get ready to go on vacation, I have to have my house really clean before I can leave it.  I love coming home to a clean house.  So getting ready to move out of a house...it's even worse.  I'm trying to leave it clean for the renters because I've realized that my cleaning standards are pretty high and I've worked too hard the past few months to then pay cleaners to do only a few extra things.  It's the "I-own-a-house" version of a room inspection at Norwich.

We have done some fun things though -  a day at the beach for an air show and the Blue Angels, a morning in downtown Norfolk to see the parade of ships, Casey's Little Gym show, and playing with neighbors and friends.
















No comments:

Post a Comment