Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Present

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went out to dinner with Pat's parents before they left town.  We went to Pat and the kids' favorite restaurant which attached to the mall.  We go there quite often and then we usually stop by the pet store after dinne to look at all the animals.  This time, Nana took the kids into the dollar store as well.  Casey desperately needed some pencils I think.  And then I guess they decided to do a little Christmas shopping.  Both Jack and Casey came out of the store with a bag and a Christmas present they picked out for me.

The first thing Jack wanted to do on Sunday as we were starting our Christmas decorating was to wrap his present.  I got all the wrapping paper out for him, tape and scissors and told him to have at it.  After a little bit of time he asked if he could use some tissue paper instead because he decided it would be easier to put it in a bag.  

After it was in there, I asked if he had labeled it.  He got a piece of paper and wrote out his from and to lines.  Then he asked me if that was a sentence.  I told him it was just a label and he wanted to know what a label was.  There was a wine bottle nearby so I tried to explain it with a wine label.  I think he was satisfied because he was quiet for a little longer.

Then he showed me his bag and he was very proud of it, even if he isn't smiling in the picture:



He wanted to make sure it had a sentence, so he wrote "You wil like it."  And I believe I shall because that is the cutest tag on a present ever and I already like it!  Although I'm pretty curious about what's in the bag but that will have to wait a few more days.  21 actually, according to our 4 countdown calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment