Thursday, December 16, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas 2010

I've been going a little crazy trying to get all my Christmas projects done this month.  I'm almost there!  I wanted to have everything done by tomorrow so I can relax and enjoy the next week or so.  The house is decorated, most of the presents are wrapped, Christmas dinner is planned, it's fairly clean around here and most of my crafty Christmas gifts are made.

We've received many boxes this week and the tree has a healthy sprinkling of presents under it.  I pull the presents out of the boxes and they place them under the tree.  Jack and Casey love when boxes come and continually ask, "Is it for me?  Is it for me?" when they hear the doorbell ring.  Which reminds me of a funny story - One day when we were coming into our neighborhood Jack said, "Mommy, I just saw a No Trucks sign!  But that's funny...because how is the UPS man supposed to come in our neighborhood?"  I had to try to explain that they didn't want just any trucks barreling through our neighborhood but that the UPS truck was allowed.  I think he was relieved.

Today, Jack and Casey started begging to be able to open just one present.  It's fun to see them so excited...I remember begging to be able to open "just one" present when I was little.  I have even been tempted to peek into some of the bags this year, but I've been good.

And now for a random picture that I've been meaning to post:


This is Jack in his turkey costume!  When I was getting some things ready on Thanksgiving Eve, he found this brown bag sitting on the counter and asked if he could have it to make a craft.  A few minutes of hard work later and he donned his turkey costume.  If it looks like it's greasy, it is...I had originally put the popcorn in it for the popcorn turkey at Jack's school Thanksgiving party and realized that it was a little greasy.  I switched the bag right before the party.  I think it just makes it look more like a real turkey...right?

And back to Christmas things.  On Sunday, we went to the Children's Christmas Party hosted by Pat's ship.  Unfortunately, Pat was stuck on the ship working, but Jack, Casey and I managed to have a great time.  There were 3 craft tables and since Jack hasn't met a craft he didn't like yet, he had a great time.  We decorated Christmas cards with stickers, made snowflake ornaments for the tree and made snowman photo frames.  The kids also got presents.  Jack got some cars, colored pencils, a notepad and some Beanie babies.  Casey got two dolls and she loves them so much.  They were so good at this party and we had a great time!








No comments:

Post a Comment