Thursday, September 16, 2010

Busy Weekends

After travelling all summer (Ocean City, Maine, Ocean City) it seems like life should slow down a little now that school has started.  But we had some visitors and a little more traveling to do over the last couple weeks and some more in the future.

My sister came to visit over Labor Day Weekend and we fit a trip to the zoo, some shopping and a lot of good eating into the weekend.  It already seems like it was a long time ago.

Pat's 10 year reunion at the Naval Academy was last weekend so my parents came to watch the kids while we enjoyed a childless weekend.  For some reason I thought I would catch up on some sleep but there was a little too much catching up with friends to get all the sleep I wanted.


Jack and Casey had a great time with Grammie and Grampie.  Grammie taught them how to play hopscotch, how to not step on the cracks, and how to turn their piles of blankets into great outfits.  Among other things I'm sure.

In the meantime, Pat and I had a fabulous weekend in Annapolis.  The reunion committee did a great job and it was effortless for us to enjoy everything.  There were busses to and from the hotels and the events.  The only thing I can compare the tailgater to on Saturday is a really long wedding reception except wedding attire was replaced by blue and gold Navy attire.  There was a huge tent set up, an all day long open bar, meals, and even an ice sculpture.  There were events for the kids too and Scooby Doo was on constant replay all day long.  We were lucky to enjoy the day without kids which meant I was able to have actual conversations with people and even to remember their names.  (The nametags were a big help too.)  We had such a great time and it was great to catch up with friends.  I'm already looking forward to the 15 year reunion. 

Now I'm kind of getting back into routine (like remembering to blog) but I'm still looking for the energy to pick up all these toys off the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment