Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More Bedtime Drama

It's hard to motivate myself to write a blog after the bedtime war every night. A couple of nights ago, I told him to get in bed and go to sleep about 50 times. He just kept getting up and opening his door and smirking at me. I would try to ignore him and calmly put him back to bed. It was not easy. I told him I was going to put him in time out the next day for one minute for every time I shut the door. That didn't work. And I didn't fall through on it because trying to keep him in time out for 20 minutes would have become an hour ordeal as I would have to keep returning him to his timeout spot.

The silver lining in the cloud (the cloud being the fact that he can now defeat the childproof lock on his door) is that he can let himself out of his bedroom after he wakes up from his nap. Today I think he played for about 45 minutes while Casey and I continued our naps. I heard him playing with some of his books down in the playroom and then he came down to see if I was awake yet. I asked him what he had been doing and he said, "I was just reading some books to Tugger."

Other than the bedtime struggles, we had a pretty busy Labor Day weekend. Pat's brother got married in Philly and my parents drove down from Maine to help babysit. Jack was in the wedding as the ring bearer and he did a great job. He loved getting ready with all the guys, although he was a little intimated with all the girls in their pretty dresses. When it was time to walk down the aisle, he got very serious and walked very slowly and did such a good job. My parents were watching Casey...there was no way she was going to stay still in a pew for any longer than 2.5 seconds.

Here are some pictures...mostly from after the wedding and before the reception when Casey and Chase joined the fun.






And for the record, I've been upstairs 5 times in the middle of this post to put Jack back to bed and he is now yelling from his bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment